In this world many people’s ambition in life is to make money, and lots of it. The live their lives striving to achieve this goal ignoring pretty much everything around them because they’re working. I don’t see any sense in it. You make money to spend it, a vicious cycle that never stops. Now you’re sucked in, you sacrificed everything to acheive wealth which is when you realise – you’re not happy. Buying new clothes, gadgets, cars etc. gives you happiness momentarily – it’s not going to last. If one day your wealth disappears, what do you have left? No matter what you own, money does not equal happiness . Get a real goal, one that will give you satisfaction in the long run. Do not settle for the shallow joy material things give you – that’s not real happiness.
There’s a strange thing we do. Most of us anyway. We get very passionate about things that have very little to no impact on our lives. People make posters, t-shirts and websites with slogans that we’re not A/ going to understand B/ care about in 5 or 10 years. Who cares that microsoft is getting rid of paint, that pluto is no longer a planet or that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie broke up? We focus so much on such stupid, pointless things and ignore the real issues that are taking place around us. We have done too much ignoring, too much shifting focus away from real issues. Ignoring doesn’t change anything, ignoring doesn’t help. But just talking doesn’t solve problems. Just talk and no action is the same as no talk. Act to solve issues, no matter how small your action, no matter how small the issue.
For some odd reason exams relax me. It’s like there’s no turning back now, what I know is what I know. Didn’t study? Wow, too bad cause there’s nothing you can do now. I make up the most and the best stories when I am in an exam. I did my first big state exams a couple of weeks ago and to be honest my friends and I had the time of our lives. There’s no point in worrying and stressing over something that in 10/20 years time will have absolutely no effect on your life. my advice for people doing exams is to chill. Lay back, drink some water, watch a movie, just whatever makes you relax. Young people are not robots, we need to relax. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m against school and the educational system (at least the one in my country) because of the fact that we are treated like robots who should waste their youth in a building learning things that will never genuinely help them in life ( I’m looking at you Pythagoras). If we do have to get an education, I would rather learn how to change a tire or manage money. Teaching young people skills necessary for life is not a waste of time, teaching them how granite forms is.
This one is more for the new kids at school – gone from being the oldest and ~coolest~ to being younger than everyone and pushed around by people who sometimes are only a couple of months older than you. Alright, let’s get into it.
- Don’t try to fit in– Don’t get that bloody Superdry jacket !!! You know the exact one I’m talking about. It’s expensive, and if I’m going to be honest, quite ugly. Don’t get it just because everyone else has it, why spend upwards of 100 quid to look like everyone else ? It may come as a shock but actually having a decent personality is more important than what jacket you wear.
- Don’t start/get involved in drama – I don’t understand, and will never understand why some people decide to start unnecessary drama. I don’t know how people still don’t get this but if your ~friends~ talk about others behind their back, CHANCES ARE THEY DO IT TO YOU TOO, so drop their negative ass and find someone positive, whose company genuinely makes you happy. If you are a person who is prone to starting drama then sit yourself down and think for a moment -” why don’t I want a peaceful, stress-free life?” and STOP BEING PROBLEMATIC.
- Don’t bully – The fact that I have to include this makes me sick because bullying people weaker than you is such a low thing to do. Believe it or not, it doesn’t make you cool, it makes you look like someone who has deeeep issues with themselves and instead of dealing with them by yourself like most other decent people, you take it out on others. If you want to come back and join us, normal functioning humans, apologize. Apologize to the person whose life you’ve been making miserable and to yourself, because you let yourself down.
- Don’t talk back – “I wish I was cool enough to talk back to the teacher” – said no one ever. Please keep your “witty” comments to yourself. You’re not funny, just irritating. None of your classmates care for your input. On the same note, don’t talk back to older students – they also won’t think you’re cool and you’re likely to get beat up.
- Don’t let your grades affect your self esteem – It’s always disappointing when you get a bad grade and you can, of course, play it off and act like it doesn’t bother you but at the end of the day, everyone wants to be smarter or better than others. As you get older though, you will realise school is a test of your memory not of how smart you are so keep your chin up, and don’t feel bad about not being the best, in reality there’s always going to be someone better than you but that’s okay !!
So there you have it – my advice on how to avoid some of the embarrassing things that kids do in high school/ secondary school/ whatever they call it in England.
We NEED to stop procrastinating !!! I say this as I write a blog while I should be working on the two projects i have to finish by the end of this week but just hear me out. Imagine a world where you have all your work finished on time, no work to be done for the next period , a world where you start your projects on the first day you get them (instead of the night before or on the morning its due) That could be your reality!! There’s just one thing in the way. Try for just a week to leave that show, book, anime- whatever consumes your time, try to leave it until after you’re done your homework. Maybe you could even try to study ! I know it sounds like the boring way to do things but honestly tell me you aren’t disappointed in yourself when you’re one of the people who put no effort in. I’ve been here multiple times and it honestly and truly sucks. So let’s pull our socks up and just try to put in effort.